“I can, I will, I know I can, untie these hands, g-g-g-get back up again…”
Next week sees the return of Europe’s favourite TV show – the Eurovision Song Contest. This year sees Blue (pictured above) singing for the UK with the poptastic I Can and the return of Italy who, like the UK, France, Spain and, last year’s winners Germany, get an automatic place in the final as one of the ‘Big Five’. I’ll post a review of all the songs in my next post but, for now, here are my top five and bottom five placing songs. Enjoy.
5 – Stella Mwangi – Haba Haba (Norway – it might sound a bit like Waka Waka but I still like it).
4. Amaury Vassili – Sognu (France – the first EVER Corsican-language entry!).
3. Eric Saade – Popular (Sweden – he WILL be popular (not to mention he’s a little cutie)!).
2. A Friend In London – New Tomorrow (Denmark – there’s been speculation this one’s been plagiarised from several other songs but, then again, didn’t the Danes nick their song from Sweden last year?).
1. Blue – I Can (United Kingdom – our entry is BRILLIANT and 1,000,000 times better than last year’s shit!). *
* note that I’m NOT being biased towards my own country – it’s just that I think we have a strong chance this year!
5. Vlatko Ilievski – Rusinka (FYR Macedonia – too shouty).
4. Eldrine – One More Day (Georgia – again, too shouty).
3. Jedward – Lipstick (Ireland – what on EARTH were Ireland thinking of sending these two talentless muppets?! It makes me ASHAMED to be part Irish!).
2. Zdob şi Zdub – So Lucky (Moldova – they won’t be so lucky (see what I did there?) with this song).
1. Homens da Luta – A Luta é Alegria (Portugal – this is apparently full of political crap (I don’t speak Portuguese) not to mention the song’s the worst of the lot this year).
Watch this space for my full review…