As you probably already know, I love a good survey. They’re there to pass the time and stop you being bored out of your skull. The last couple of surveys I’ve done on here were book ones, so now I’ve found a more random one, courtesy of a friend, that’s full of random questions that I’m sure you’ll like.
See what you think.
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I have attempted blogs before, mainly about my private life (and which were kept private), but they weren’t really going anywhere. This one’s more open and, even though I do talk about my life, the universe and everything on here, I do blog about other aspects of the world, such as books, music and even the Eurovision Song Contest.
2. What’s the story behind your blog name?
It’s a play on the Phil Collins song Sussudio, which I was a little too obsessed with at the time of starting this blog. I still do like the song though.
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
It varied from a vet to an air hostess. No, I have no idea, either.
4. What is number one on your bucket list?
I haven’t really made a bucket list to be fair. I should probably start shouldn’t I?
5. What’s the most embarrassing song on your iTunes?
I don’t use iTunes, I have a normal MP3 player that isn’t an iPod, but my most embarrassing songs on there are probably anything by Jason Donovan, Cliff Richard, Olly Murs, José Galisteo and Fabrizio Faniello. Do I care? No.
6. If you could be a Harry Potter character, who would you be?
Probably Hermione, because I’m a girl or, if I was male, I’d have to be Neville. The real hero of Hogwarts. GO GO GRYFFINDOR!
7. What never fails to make you laugh?
Anything by Peter Kay usually seems to do the trick, especially this one of him talking about his dad trapping his ballsack in a plastic sun lounger whilst on holiday. Ouch!
8. What is your favourite quote?
From Russell Howard on his Wonderbox tour (SPOILER WARNING): “There’s nothing worse than going to your sister’s film premiere in which she’s wanking off an old fudder and your mum’s sitting at the side of you going ‘oooh…’!” (There was a bit before this where he was talking about his family playing an innuendo game, and him doing an impersonation of Kenneth Williams in the Carry On films, as you’ll see on the DVD when it comes out.)
9. How do you like your tea?
Tea bag in the cup first, then water, then a splash of milk. I like it not too strong but not too weak. In the words of Goldilocks, I like it just right. Oh, and no sugar. I’m sweet enough.
10. What’s the best present you’ve ever received?
A ticket from my flatmate for the upcoming McBusted gig in Leeds. A day after my birthday too. Can’t wait!
11. What are your guilty pleasures?
Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan, strangely enough, though I’m a bit embarrassed to admit this. Oh, and the GOOD stuff from the Eurovision Song Contest. The likes of Jedward and whatever that Romanian thing was last year can sod off!
12. Where in the world do you want to travel?
Scandinavia. Preferably Denmark.
13. What has been your biggest fashion faux-pas?
Anything with a floral pattern on it. My grandma used to dress me in it (she was, and still is, a bit floral obsessed) and I stood out like a right prat in it!
14. What has been your favourite book you’ve read this year so far?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
15. If you could from one shop for a year, which one would you choose?
H&M. I love the stuff they have in there, plus it’s usually affordable.
16. If you were to live in another country, where would you choose to live?
See my answer to #12 for this…
17. What’s the last thing you bought?
The Killing III boxset. The original Danish one. Sod the naff American remake!
18. What three things would you take to a desert island?
MP3 player, tablet, laptop. Hopefully there’d be somewhere I can charge them as well.
19. What’s your favourite language (other than English)?
Ooh, tough one. I can sort-of speak Danish but I think my favourite languages are probably Spanish and Italian. They’re such beautiful languages and I’d quite like to be fluent in them. Sadly, however, I’m not.
20. Have you ever hidden your blog from anyone?
Not this one but I have done with previous posts in the past. My old LiveJournal blogs were only readable by people I’d added as friends. I had three blogs on there but I can only remember the passwords for two of them and they’re all ‘friends only’ accounts. I’d like to hide this one from certain people, namely family members who have a habit of being nosey, but I don’t know how to. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t linked this blog to my Facebook account.
21. How do you get your inspiration for your blog posts?
Whenever I get an idea or I see something online that someone else has written, I jot it down, then I usually type it up first on Microsoft Word so I can see what it looks like before I copy and paste the whole thing to my blog. I usually get inspiration from other blogs.
22. What song is the theme tune to your life?
Another toughie. At one point, I’d have said I Decide by Lindsay Lohan, because people were forever telling me what I could and couldn’t do, but now I have absolutely no idea.
23. What is your favourite movie scene?
I have a few:
- I Just Can’t Wait To Be King from The Lion King.
- Robin singing to Marion behind a curtain in Men In Tights.
- The whole shopping mall scene in Evolution, though the best bit is when Wayne (AKA Stifler from American Pie) grabs the attention.
- And, not quite a movie scene, but the whole Speed 3 episode of Father Ted an absolute classic.
24. Who are your embarrassing celebrity crushes?
Jason Donovan. Oh, and Adam Hills…
25. What is your favourite city that you’ve visited or would like to visit?
Visited: Definitely Valletta. Small city but it’s still pretty.
Want to visit: Copenhagen. Of course.
26. What is your favourite song at the moment?
I have two: On Our Way by The Royal Concept and Rainmaker by Emmelie de Forest.
27. Who is your favourite band/singer/comedian?
Band: A1. I’ve fallen in love with them all over again.
Singer: Caro Emerald.
Comedian: Russell Howard, though I love Adam Hills and John Bishop as well.
28. Do you collect anything?
Badges. I’ve collected them for years and have nearly two tins full of them.
29. What is your starsign?
30. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
Mussels. They tasted and felt weird but I actually quite liked them.
31. What’s your favourite beer?
Carlsberg. (NB: Has anyone noticed how most of my favourite things are Scandinavian?)
32. How do you like your eggs?
Fried, though I can cope with boiled and scrambled as well.
33. What is your favourite musical?
Mamma Mia and We Will Rock You. Pity the latter’s closing though. Only seen it once but I loved it all the same.
34. What is your favourite word?
35. Favourite misheard lyric?
It’s got to be the one from Who Said I Would by Phil Collins: “She’s got a hard pussy made of stone.” Oh, and that time when Sister Sledge wanted to staple the vicar…
That should do it.